Protein Cinnamon Roll
Ingredients for Cake
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 cup Myofusion Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder 1/8 cup oat flour or instant buckwheat
1 tsp baking soda
1 whole egg
Ingredients for Frosting
1/2 cup vanilla whey
1/2 cup of 0% or 2% Greek yogurt 1 tsp sugar-free maple syrup
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 chopped Brazil nuts, or chopped walnuts or pecans (or any nut butter would work great)
1. Preheat oven to 390 degrees F.
2. Blend all ingredients for cake together.
3. Pour batter into a large brownie pan. (I like to use silicone bake ware.) Bake for 10-15 minutes.
4. When the cake is done, you’ll notice it’s pretty flat—kind of like a pancake—this is what we want. Allow cake to cool.
5. While cake is cooling, mix all ingredients for frosting in a bowl.
6. After cake is cooled, slice it into three or four strips and then coat each strip with frosting. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Be sure to leave some frosting for topping.
7. Roll each cake strip to create the cinnamon roll.
8. Top each roll with the rest of the frosting, nuts, and cinnamon.
Per one cinnamon roll Calories: 290
Carbs: 11.4 g
Fat: 4 g
Protein: 44 g
Recipe by Anna Sward of Proteinpow.com