“Conventional thought used to consider fats like coconut oil to be unhealthy and contribute to heart disease. We now know that this isn’t true. In fact, coconut oil is actually a heart healthy food that can keep your body running smoother in a few different ways.”
What are the Health Benefits of Coconut Oil?
- Can help our bodies mount resistance to both viruses and bacteria that can cause illness
- Helps fight off yeast, fungus and candida
- Positively affects our hormones for blood sugar control
- Boosts thyroid function
- Helps increase metabolism, energy and endurance
- Increases digestion and helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins
How does Coconut Improve Weight Control?
- Coconut fats are comprised of medium chain triglycerides (MTCs).
- MTCs when broken down in the liver, leads to efficient burning of energy
- 1-2 tbsp per day leads to reduced abdominal fat
How does Coconut Help Improve Skin, Hair and Aging?
- The oils found in coconut have a positive antioxidant action in the body (oxidation is considered a major contributor to cardiovascular problems and skin aging.)
- They help our body stop the damage to other healthy fats and tissues in the body
- High amounts of vitamin E protect the skin and is a great moisturizer for skin and hair
- Coconut oil is safe enough to use on infants skin after a bath
How can I use Coconut?
- Coconut oil can withstand heat making it a great cooking option
- Use coconut oil to sauté vegetables
- Cook meats, fish, eggs
- Use coconut flour, coconut oil, coconut butter or milk in baked goods
- Use coconut oil as a safe all over body moisturizer, on dry skin and scars
FOR A RIDICULOUSLY LONG LIST OF USES CHECK OUT WELNESSMAMA.COM HERE: 101 Uses for Coconut Oil